This is a safety sensitive job!
SUMMARY: General billing duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains prior authorization log
- Updates clinical staff with prior authorization changes
- Serves as Utilization Review Manager for Value Options/Beacon process
- Maintains billing database
- Transmits billing to ARCAID/ZIRMED according to Medicaid/Insurance guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- None at this moment
- Must have exceptional Excel skills
- Must have knowledge of PA's
- Must have experience researching and appealing denials
- Must have collections experience
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Requirements that are representative of their ability to perform essential tasks
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma (or GED)
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training
- Experience in medical office setting
- Excellent computer skills especially MS Excel
- Basic accounting skills – 10 Key and typing skills
- Knowledge of medical codes
- Knowledge of Arkansas Medicaid billing procedures
- Must be able to organize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, staff, and the general public
- Advanced mathematic skills
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to successfully perform those duties and tasks that are essential to the function of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate